Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My Top 3 Favorite Places and Views in the Area

One of the best perks about going to school in the Burlington area is the fact that you have the ability to see many different types of Vermont landscapes. Over the years, I have noticed that I am always getting asked questions like, "Where do you like to go in your free time?" Today I have decided to let you guys know about some of my favorite views around the St. Mike's campus and the rest of Vermont!

1) My favorite place to go is the Burlington Waterfront and Lake Champlain in general. I think that it is safe to say that this the top of the list for most people in the area. You can almost always find some taking pictures by the lake or relaxing on one of the many beaches Lake Champlain has to offer when the weather is warm.
This is one of my favorite Lake Champlain pictures that I have taken. My roommate grew up right across from this little beach on Lake Champlain so every once in a while a bunch of us will go to his house for dinner and then hang out at the beach.


I took this picture first semester of my freshman year down at the Burlington Waterfront!


2.) My second favorite spot in the area happens to be right on the St. Mike's campus and is a place that I have been drawn to since Day 1. This spot is most commonly referred to as "The View" and is located on the other side of Route 15, right across from the Chapel and Alliot. I am not the only person on campus that loves "The View" either. It is not uncommon to see kids hanging out at "The View" doing homework, playing catch, listen to music or just relaxing.


3) My third favorite spot/view in the area isn't just one spot in particular but many different mountains. I have always loved snowboarding, which is one of the many reasons I chose to come to St. Mike's, and the views that you get to take in while on the mountain.

Another great view at the top of the Sterling Lift at Smuggs
I took this picture last year towards the end of the ski season at the stop of Sugarbush



I hope you guys have enjoyed hearing about some of my favorites places in the area and let me know some of your favorites!

Here is a look at some of my other favorite places to go in the area:
The other day my Environmental Science class took a trip to the Muddy Brook portion of the Winooski River as part of our lab.

I took this picture of the Winooski River freshman year down at the Winooski Circle.



Stay tuned for my next post to see what I'm getting myself into.



Let's Stay Connected!
Instagram: @chriswilliamson95
Twitter: @chwilliamson95
Tumblr: @chwilliamson95
Email: cwilliamson@mail.smcvt.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment